Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Pictures I promised

New friend: Fidel the Wonder Pup

But why is it called Puzzle's?
That's the puzzle.

This is a donkey. I spent a good twenty minutes petting him. We're buddies now.

Official halfway point of the Camino! Right outside of SahagĂșn.

Look at this idiot. <3

Marco: The Most Italian Man Ever. We still don't know where he got that bottle of wine or where he was keeping it. Same goes for the sandwich.

La Famiglia. From left to right: me, Evan, Aoife, Marco, Luis, Darline, Chiara, Giulia

Cutest thing on the Camino: Darline avec watermelon

We found a stamp and put it on my head. I do not have a tattoo.

Yet.

There is an iron cross, Cruz de Ferro, at the highest point on the camino. It's traditional to leave something there at the base that is personal or significant to you. Many people carry stones along the way to represent how far they've come both physically and emotionally on this journey. These are what I left.


I warn you, the next image is not pretty. This is what happens when someone who is severely allergic to horses decides to pet a horse at 2am and then sleeps in a tent in a field next to the horses.
But at least I'm smiling.

Two happy girls at the end of the Camino.

Breakfast: thick hot chocolate, churros for dipping, and fresh orange juice.

The coolest place on the Camino: La Casa de Dioses

Annoying little brother from another mother. What a goof.

And there you have it, folks. That's the Camino.

Ultreia,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment