Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2016

Doggoneit


This is Dylan Ray Santiago - Dylan after Bob Dylan and Dylan Thomas, Ray because that's what was actually on his collar, along with a phone number, which helped my peace of mind a lot. Dylan followed me and my friend Aoife from Ventosa to Nájera, almost 12 kilometers.

There are a lot of dogs in these small towns who seem to know how to take themselves for walks and then go home afterwards. Dylan did not turn out to be one of these.

We gave him peanut butter, he came when we called him, he sat (and gave us a paw!) when we told him to, and he never ran too far ahead and always came back to make sure we were still there.

When we got to Nájera we took him to the Guardia Civil, where the police called his owners - though if they hadn't been able to I would be totally fine with having Dylan to accompany me on the Camino.

So that's all I've got for now.

I had a dog for three hours a few days ago. It was great.

Doglessly yours,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment